Sunday, September 23, 2007

I got BlogRush: Why Not?

Sounds like a cyber-specific syndrome. Or a cyber pop group. Well, I have it! Do you? You’ve probably heard about BlogRush this weekend and may have already rushed to get your BlogRush Widget and added it to your blog sidebar to drive traffic to your blog. If you haven’t yet here’s the scoop.

BlogRush is the newest idea by Internet Marketing Guru John Reese (the man who generated a million dollars under 24 hours with one of his other top selling products Traffic Secrets.)

It’s a FREE blog syndication service that shares your latest feed with like-minded blogs in a growing network. By joining, bloggers will share your feed with other blogs. The more people that join through your link, the more blogs will be exposed to your site. Since it runs a little like a pyramid scheme, the sooner (earlier) you sign up, the more you get out of it. There are 10 levels of affiliate signups, so you could reach well over 100,000 blogs in short order. I’ve heard a lot of hype and a lot of skepticism too about all this. Although it's still very new, Mashable .com gives it a pretty thorough review. You can read the pros and cons from this blogger's point of view here. But what I’ve also heard is…why not give it a try. It’s easy, it makes sense, and it just might work. That widget on my sidebar (yes, you have to scroll down to find it), contains external links to other blogs that have content similar to mine, providing visitors like you a valuable resource (a little like my blogroll but more specific). Bloggers who have the widget benefit because they receive credit each time the widget is displayed on their blog as well as whenever someone uses their referral to sign up (a little like a pyramid scheme). THREE ways bloggers benefit from BlogRush include:

1. Creation of a shared pool of targeted traffic;
2. Traffic credits for advertising BlogRush Service; and,
3. Generation of an efficient market

Here's the link to add BlogRush to your blog now.

If you want more information, just scroll down and check out the video in my previous post below or go here to see videos that include how to post to blogger

9 comments:

Alan said...

Blogrush certainly made quite a splash. I have seen oodles and oodles and oodles of blogs posting about it. I got one referral sign up from my widget (I don't know from whom) and have earned a fair number of impressions. According to Blogrush I have had zero click throughs but I know that can't be accurate because I have clicked my headline link each time I've seen it (and I have spotted it on other blogs a number of times). My traffic is definitely up this week. I don't think Blogrush is the only reason but I do think it has helped.

Karen said...

I, for one, can vouch for John Reese.

His brainchild, BlogRush, is certainly a stroke of genius!

Karen

SQT said...

I may have to try this. I've never had much luck with any blog traffic generator. But hey, maybe this one will work.

burja said...

Interesting, I will try it...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've had mine five days, Nina, but have yet to see an upturn. I know BlogRush are trying to get the fake blogs off.

sfgirl said...

Only time will tell...as usual. There are no miracles in all this...except the ones we make :)

Modern Matriarch said...

Helping you helps me? I love a win/win situation. I'll sign up and give it a try.

sfgirl said...

Way to go, Tricia! Thanks!

Somerset Bob said...

OK , I've finally got round to signing up today, Nina, using your referral link :) Let's see what happens!