Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blogging with a Purpose—meme


Well, that great gal over at Climate of the Future tagged me with this cool meme, invented by another good friend, Mel Kaye at Monday Morning Power who had tagged Deborah. Well, this is a worthy cause and a wonderful opportunity to provide one's own personal and possibly lofty reasons for blogging. For my part, I am truly astounded at the quality of blogs in the blogosphere and the amazing richness of sharing. If you’ve followed my posts from the beginning you may recall one post I made back in May that explored this very question. It had begun with a rather pithy book that lamented how blogging was supposedly corrupting the quality of the internet (I totally disagreed). But, then that’s what this place is all about: freedom of expression and the ability to express it with passion, integrity, humor, pathos, wonder and all those other things that drive us to blog. So…here is the blurb you are supposed to copy when you get tagged by me (see below):

**start copying here**

We have a voice;
We must be heard;
Therefore we blog;
Now spread the word!

This meme is based on a recent post that was conducted that asks the question “Why do you Blog?” and the rewrite “Why do you Blog? - Reworked.” The purpose of this meme is to tell our tales by spreading the reasons that we blog to as many sites as possible. We get to explain ourselves, direct traffic to our site and highlight our most important, most representative or most relevant post in an SEO favorable format. This will be a positive experience for everyone who wants to get involved. This will enable you to create a short advertisement for your site that will be spread across the blogesphere; a growing directory of blogs.

This is an open meme. You do not have to be tagged to join in. All you have to do is follow the rules.

Please let me know when you have added your site by leaving a comment on “Complete List” with a link to your post. This will insure an up-to-date list, giving you even greater distribution. You then have the option of copying the growing list back to your site.
Rules:

1. Create an inventive post title
2. Write a brief introduction to the meme.
3. Copy from “**Start Copying Here**” through “**End Copying Here**”
4. Paste into your post
5. At the end of the “*list*”, before “**End copy here**”, please add your name, site name (with link), a very brief description (2-3 sentences) of why you blog, and your most important, most representative, or most relevant post (with link.)
6. Tag at least 5 others to participate.
7. Leave a comment and a link to your post on “Complete List

*List*
My name is Mel and I am the Author of Attitude, the Ultimate Power, aka Monday Morning Power. I blog because I am passionate about happiness and living in the moment. I want to spread the concept that we are in control of our own lives and can choose how we act and react. My site is focused on the Pursuit, Capture, Care and Feeding of a Positive Mental Attitude. One of my most representative posts is “Happiness Vs. Human Nature.

I am Max and I offer weekly articles on MAX. Why do I blog? I do it because I want to share my thoughts with you guys. I present a new and interesting way of transmitting philosophical thoughts: funny, engaging and intriguing! My funniest, yet intriguing, post is “Don’t you just love People?

I am the Great and Powerful Baba Doodlius. My 100% factual blog The Thoughts and Sayings Of Baba Doodlius is intended to educate all of you curious readers about the Truth behind the Great Secrets of the Universe. I have the Truth! Can you handle the Truth? For a sample of my powers of enlightenment, read my Revelation of the terrible secret of Bigfoot, aka Don’t get stepped on.

My name is Amelia and I am the Author of Amel’s Realm. I blog because I need to voice everything in my world so that I won’t explode. My site is all about thoughts, experiences, fears, problems, misadventures, hopes, and dreams of an introverted tropical girl in a foreign land (Finland). One of my most representative posts is On Trust and Relationship.

I am Geoff of Geoffandcarley.com and I blog for reasons as diverse and as fickle as my moods. Mostly I blog because I’m firmly convinced I’ve figured a few things out and that the world will benefit from my experience the same way I’ve benefited from others’ experiences. One post that I feel captures my emotional involvement and my ire (but not my humor as much) is Decision time.

My name is Judy and I am the Author of ~~Sugar Queen’s Dream~~. I blog because it’s cheap therapy and I have something to say. I feel my most powerful post is called “The Myths of Smoking……

My name is Sindi and I have written a blog entitled Life is a roller coaster!. My blog is based on the ups and downs of everyday life. I started blogging because I was going through some hard times and I wanted to meet new people to talk to. I like to write and was hoping people might enjoy reading what I have to say. I think the most inspiring post I have written to date is We Effect So Many.

People call me the Midgetmanofsteel (although I’m neither a midget, nor made of steel). I am the sole author the blog Mental Poo: a mostly true and humorous account of things that have happened to me, are happening to me, or are just filling my head and taking up valuable space where images of women should be. You can get a sneak peek into my mess of a brain by reading “Raisins are People” – a true account of my son’s first field trip.

My name is Sandee and I have a blog called Comedy Plus. My blog is just for fun, and I started it to poke fun about everyday life. My reason for blogging is to have fun and meet new friends. I have done both beyond my wildest dreams. I have posted lots of jokes, but when ask what my favorite joke is, I always pick Anger Management

My name is Lynda. I blog to as a way to expose my writings and to spread my knowledge on the subject of love. My primary blog (I have 15) is lynda’s loft. My favorite piece would be I LOVE….. I have over 300 original poems and posts dealing with the wonderful and painful world of love. I love love!

My name Adrian, although most of you probably know me as the Mighty Genie King. I am the author First Time Dad. I started blogging as a way to document my growing up pains as my wife and I raise our daughter. I hope that one day my daughter will be able to look at this and get an idea what life was like “back then”. Now I blog about everything but the main focus is still the same! One of my favorite posts is Goodnight Sweetheart! Hello Basil! Eh…Who’s Basil…

Hello, my name is Ann and I’m the author of A Nice Place in the Sun. I blog because I care about people and want to make them happy. My site is focused on humorous, inspiring, and nostalgic posts about life, children, and memories. My most representative post, or the post where I’m most myself is “The Craziest Experience Of My Life.”

We are a team of writers, and everyone calls us NAFA, so that would be our name. We are the proud authors of NAFASG©™ - United And Dedicated Behind You™. Blogging, to us, is a form of spreading useful information and sharing our knowledge to every part of the world in order to contribute to the betterment of our global community. The post that we feel would be representative of our blog and the global community at large is The Sociological Interaction.

Hola! This is Mariuca and I blog because writing is what makes me whole. I write about anything under the sun from life, love, friends to cats and work. I tend to write best when under pressure and my personal favourite post from Mariuca is Love in Disarray.

My name is Susan and I am the Owner of ~~Wake up America ~~, which is a political, right leaning blog. I blog because I believe we need more voices out there to separate fact from fiction, to support our troops and to high light the lack of ethics from journalists today. I feel my most powerful post is called “Are You Proud to be an American……

“Here I am My name is Mauro and I’m the author of 1 Million Love Messages … maybe the biggest love challenge in the blogosphere. Why I blog ??? Because I believe that bloggers can make a difference in the world. That’s my challenge! My favourite post it’s (for sure) Adam Donkus & Lizzie’s Love History.”

Hi there World I am Aussie, the author of Little Aussie Cynic and I want to Breathe among others. I was recently asked:”Why Do you Blog?” this takes me back to the beginning… I started blogging in an attempt to get people thinking, using my cynical humour as a tool to make people laugh, think and at times get the blood pumping…. Each of my Blogs takes in a little peice of my varied personality but the one which discribes me best would have to be There is Always a Natural Way the latest edition to the Aussie Cynic Family…

I am Zubli Zainordin, in Total Happiness, I organize the Book Project blog and co-author Santa’s Community Blog and Hall Of Fame Blog. I blog with the purpose of documenting about my self for my own reference, my future generations and friends who prefer to know me. I also share vital and valuable information entirely on total happiness. I believe in Santa Claus and I share the Spirit of Christmas within this Blog World. In addition I promote bloggers, their blogs, and invite them to share their blogging experiences, and together with Shinade, I review their blogs and award them with the Zubli and Shinade Recommended Read awards. Those who continuously show continuous blogging improvements shall be residence of the Hall Of Fame blog.

Hello my name is Deborah author of Climate of Our Future, I also co-author She Walks in Beauty. I blog with passion for our environment. I started this blog because I believe that we as bloggers have a very loud voice in this blogosphere. that By sharing what knowledge I find about our environment would not only benefit the blogger but also our environment. I also blog about Beauty, because no matter how harmed and polluted our world has become I can still see the beauty within. My favorite post would have to be the one about plastic in the Pacific twice the size of Texas.

I’m Nina Munteanu, ecologist, SF author, wife and mother and lover on a journey on this beloved planet Earth…your Alien Next Door. I blog for the same reason that I write my short stories and novels…because I have to. I blog to share my passion for the beauty and wonder of this planet Earth through science and art and to share the little wisdom and insight I’ve gained in my few years on the Earth...and certainly to gain some from you (I love your comments! Thank you!). My favorite post is about one of my heroes, Doctor Lynn Margulis, courageous scientist who would not be dissuaded from speaking the truth even when at the time it seemed like a lie: imagine saying we evolve through cooperation; not competition! What anti-Darwinian cheek!

**stop copying**

I tag the following with this challenge: Melanie Faith; Bob Kingsley; Jean-Luc Picard; Walks Far Woman ; Jennifer Rahn; Karen Mason; Tricia Ares; Mimi Lenox; Theresa Lucas; Mad Goat Lady; Markk; Joel Gruber; Orbitgal; Speedcat Hollydale; and Delmer. Go at 'er and make me proud! ;)

11 comments:

Modern Matriarch said...

Wow! Thanks for the honor Nina. Excuse me while I seriously ponder my nominees. Hmmmm . . .

Monday Morning Power said...

Hi Nina,

You forgot to let me know that you are participating. It's a good thing that I found you. BTW, Speedcat is already on the master list.

You have been added to the master list. Thanks for participating.

Now be sure to make regular visits back to the Master List and copy/paste the entire list to your site. That is what will keep this list growing and bring benefit to everyone who participates. Plus you will always have a current directory on your site for reader reference and to visit new sites yourself.

I am looking for a never ending run on this directory. The best way to display the directory on your site is to archive the list and have a button (with link) or just a link on your sidebar that links to YOUR copy of the List. You may want to take a look at my site, upper right; I have a button that links to my Master list. You can take this code and install the button on your site, but it will link to my Master List. http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2007/10/spread-word-complete-list.html

Please let me know if you have any questions on this or on how to create a button with link.

Again, thanks for participating.

sfgirl said...

Oops! I'll take a look, Mel. Thanks. This is not the kind of meme I'm used to...I'm a little slow... :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sorry to let you down on this, but I don't think I can do this properly, or get it right in the little time I have.

If I can, I will, Nina.

sfgirl said...

That's okay, Jean-Luc...I had a time figuring it out too and getting the time to do it. Having said that, the subject is worthwhile and it's neat to know why people blog...there are so many reasons...

Princess Haiku said...

Hi,
Stopped by to see what you were up to these days. This looks like a fun meme and will check out some of your links.

sfgirl said...

Thanks for the drop-by, Princess Haiku! It IS a neat meme and one I will enjoy following. For those of you just dropping by, you should check out Princess Haiku's blog too: it's beautiful and thoughtful!

Markk said...

I'm truly sorry I couldn't take up the offer for this meme. I'm not very good at this. Hope you understand. Morever, I've got a handful of task to complete, too many projects demanding my attention at the moment. But it's very thoughtful of you to tag me. I appreciate that very much. I'm sure the meme will help give your blog greater exposure.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hi Nina!

I am catching up tonight and stopped by. I guess you heard that I did this one, but I do need to update the list - so thanks for reminding me :-)

Tell you what I'll do... I'm going to add you and do a quick post with your addition to the meme. That way you'll get a few links from the old Speedycat!

I love the pictures u use on your posts. I feel like I'm flying around the universe LOL!!

Keep in touch, and again, thanks for thinking of me.

Your blogging friend, Eric

sfgirl said...

Hey, Eric! Thanks for the extra links. Gotta love the old Speedycat!

Thanks for the thoughts, Markk! Your blog is very cool and so informative!

Modern Matriarch...I'm so eager to see your meme post. Know you'll have some enlightening things to say... :) Hey, but don't feel pressured or anything... :D

SQT said...

Oh boy. I am terrible at getting to memes but I will try to get to this in the near future.