Friday, November 16, 2007

Monday Morning Power: Friday Feature


Well, I’m close to the wire this time but here is this week’s Friday Feature! ... See if you can figure out who I'm featuring…This blogger has dedicated his site to “the development of your attitude, which is your ultimate power.” I so like that way of thinking! His content includes essays, articles, poems, links, inspirational stories, quotes, research, and music all, says our inspirational blogger, “focused on the pursuit, capture, care and feeding of a positive mental attitude.”

Aw…You guessed…It’s Mel Kaye (aka Monday Morning Power, MMP, Killeris, Powerkis [I like that one] among other aliases) of the blog, Monday Morning Power. And if you didn’t know, well you obviously haven’t visited his site yet (OR read my title!). And, boy!— are you in for a treat!

Mel Kaye has been in the sales field for over 30 years and is currently Vice President of a major organization. He dispenses his wisdom with style, humor, alacrity and great showmanship. His advice is not pedantic, yet displays the confidence of a man who knows what he’s talking about and sincerely wishes to help. On his sidebar profile, Mel says: "Attitude is what lies beneath everything. It is the main key to happiness....there I go again. I believe that sharing something positive with the world is what we are all meant to do." Mel’s titles say everything about what his posts are about: for instance there’s his series entitled, “Are You Prepared for Success?” Another recent post is called “Timing is Everything.”

His latest post when I last checked was called, “Best ‘Out of Office’ automated replies”, which is quite funny, in a addition to pointing out some of the foibles of having a bad attitude…Here are a few:

1. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Please be prepared for my mood.
2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.
3. Sorry to have missed you, but I am at the doctor's having my brain and heart removed so I can be promoted to our management team.

I particularly like his post entitled, “My Mother Taught Me…” in which he lists several sagely proverbs that he’d interpreted from what his mother had said…Hilarious. Here are a few:
1. My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done: “If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
2. My mother taught me religion: “You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
3. My mother taught me about time travel: “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
4. My mother taught me logic: “Because I said so! That’s why!”
5. My mother taught me more logic: “If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”

There are a lot more, but I’ll let you go to his post and laugh your guts out. I still really like the one about ESP, Mel! (silly grin).

I admire Mel for his honesty, persistence and dedication to improving our attitude. On his sidebar, Mel says, “A dose of "Monday Morning Power" and a cup of coffee and you're ready for whatever awaits you.” I couldn’t agree more, Mel. Thank you. The Blogosphere thanks you.

Prompted by my last week’s Friday Feature in which I featured that elegant lady, WalksFarWoman of Kissing the Dogwood, Mel bestowed upon me his wonderful “Winning Attitude Award”. Mel explains: “This award is based on positive thinking and is meant for those blogs who base their existence, in part or in whole, on Positive Winning Attitudes.” Thank you so much, Mel! I am honored.

On another positive note, Here is the latest press release on my book, “Darwin Paradox”, which, thanks to you and others, is doing quite well out there. For those of you (e.g. authors, artists, etc.) who want to see what a kicking press release looks like, this one, produced by Karen Mason (Internet marketing wizard and SEO), is worth taking a look at. The release also gives you a good idea of what my book is about. So, if you’re curious, take a look.

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Those excepts are hilarious Nina. It's worth a visit. You know some winners.

Karyn said...

Hey Nina,
We met at Richmond Chapters today (Sunday), and you told me to drop you a line. So, voila! Here is the line, plus a few more. I'll read the book once I've gotten my term paper done. It's due on the 30th, and it's a toughie. The religious influences of Spinoza, the heretic Jew. A regular barrel of laughs. Then I have my final for Seventeenth Century Philosophers on the 5th. But then I'm free until the 5 of January, when I start Symbolic Logic A. I think I will be at UBC for the rest of my life. Unless I win the lotto, then I will finish my B.A., get my Masters on something (haven't figures that out yet), and then will earn my Ph.D. You can reach me at karynm5 at yahoo dot ca.

Diane Dehler said...

That's wonderful news about the book, Nina!

Nina Munteanu said...

Thanks Princess Haiku! I am very happy ... (see my urchin grin?) ... :D