Monday, September 10, 2007

The Adventures of Sammy the Wonder Cat--Part 1


I’d like to introduce you to my guest blogger, Ishmael, who’s come from very far to post this week while I’m holidaying on Helsig 2, a moon off HD168443b in the HD168443 system (staying away from tax collectors). Ishmael has a story for you. It comes in four parts, with Part 1 to start today. Please be nice to him and post comments for him to read. This will encourage him to post more of his story. Well, gotta go. I leave you to him and…good luck.

Book One: Revenge of the Repulsive Rat


Hi. That good-looking dude is me. I’m Sammy and that goofy-looking guy next to me is Kevin, my pet. Hey, but don’t break the news to him. He thinks I’m his pet! Actually, the truth is we work together and he’s my friend. It seems he’s pretty good-looking for a human kid too! That’s what I’ve heard the girls say, anyway . . . if you can trust them.

So, you think we’re just an ordinary kid and his pet cat, eh? Well, think again! But I’m getting ahead of myself. Here’s how the boring story of an ordinary kid and his cat became the exciting tale of two super-heroes who had to fight an evil pack-rat from space who ate STAR WARS action figures. But I’m getting ahead of myself again . . . .

It started in a quiet little community called Delta, British Columbia. That’s in Canada, by the way, for those of you who are spatially challenged. That’s where Kevin and his parents live. Little did Kevin know when he chose me at the animal shelter that he was getting no ordinary cat. You see, my real name is Ishmael Jakheem Borrogrove Peetaky Sammiloo (Sammy, for short) and I’m a space traveler from Mangoleeky, the third planet circling IT-501, a tiny red dwarf star in the Araki System. That’s another galaxy, by the way, so don’t even bother to look for it. You don’t believe me? Well, take a look at my retractable antennae. Told you!

I’m Agent Sam, a galactic secret agent ― well, I used to be. I ran important missions for the Inter-Galactic Secret Police. Top Secret stuff, which is why I’m telling you all this. You see, I made a big mistake, as in GIANT. Mega HUGE. Well, you get the picture. I can’t tell you what I did, because it’s too embarrassing. Anyway, because of it, they gave me this routine mission on Earth. And if I do okay, they might give me my old job back. The mission was to keep any of our galaxy’s criminals from messing up this planet.
I was instructed to lay low as an ordinary tabby kitten. “Just act like you usually do and they won’t know the difference,” my boss told me. So I did. But what no one told me was that, while I was a normal feline on Mangoleeky, I had super powers on Earth! I found out one day when I was chasing a bird in Kevin’s backyard. I crept up to it like I normally do and just as I pounced it took flight, like they always do. The only difference was I flew after it! I COULD FLY! WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Of course, I had a few things to learn about landing . . . . Anyway, I thought to myself, how can I lay low when I have all these neat powers? Especially flying! I just had to do something to help these poor technologically-challenged humans. So, having read the best human stories on Earth (“Superman Comics”), I made a super-hero outfit to disguise me ― well, actually Kevin’s aunt did ― and I gave myself a super-hero name: Sammy, the Wonder Cat. Of course I had to let Kevin in on the secret, because we’re buddies. Well, being my sidekick, Kevin figured that he should have a name too, so we came up with “Pixl”, which is what his mom calls him when she gets mad at him for being such a smarty-pants.

That’s how “Sammy the Wonder Cat” and “Kevin the Pixl” came to be. Now you know too. But don’t tell anyone, because it’s a secret.

~~~~
My first mission as the Wonder Cat came more quickly than I imagined. It was a normal day in Kevin’s house.


For exercise, I’d already tipped over a vase of flowers in the kitchen, coaxed an entire roll of toilet paper down to the floor, batted Kevin’s dad’s watch under the couch and drank Kevin’s milk from his glass on the dining room table. It was promising to be a very good day…


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats are definitely secret agents. They receive signals from the cat planet that tell them, "Go to the other room - NOW!"

It explains nearly everything - except why one of mine is a complete coward, that is.

Nina Munteanu said...

I find cats so interesting, Erik. One of my cats is a real huntress and the other a complete coward. My male cat hid under my bed when our pet hamster got out of his cage while the female chased it!... LOL!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sammy, you look like you could do well. Be sure to tell Nina you want your own blog.

Nina Munteanu said...

LOL! Jean-Luc, I heard that! I am obviously checking in from time to time from Helsig 2...

Tawnya Shields said...

What a wonderful story! Stopped by to say hello and to thank you for stopping by my blog. :o)

Nina Munteanu said...

Thanks, Titania! :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

This is one of the strangest posts I have seen. I feel right at home!
I saw your comment, and am glad I followed. What a fine blog you have here.
I assume you saw the connecting link through the "Wordstrumpet" blog tag, what a cool way to meet.

Goodnight! -Speedcat Hollydale

Nina Munteanu said...

Awesome, indeed! Thanks for dropping by. The blogosphere is indeed one giant neural web... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vanessa Rottner said...

Clearly, a great tribute to our furry friends. My 'Miss Jenni" (Diva extraordinaire @^..^@) as she is affectionately known as is my constant teacher and companion. What truly is amazing is their level of intelligence, wisdom and intuition. She is the best detective, when it comes to morsels of food. Sammy is an intelligent, sophitocat, 'a good read' . Miss J and I will tuning our antennae to this station. Cheers! Your friends in TO.c

Vanessa Rottner said...

Well done Sammy, you are incredible and Miss Jenni (Diva Calico Extraordinaire) will look forward to visiting your blog spot in the future.
As a humble and obedient owner, it is so refreshing to learn so much about cats. Their level of sensitivity, intelligence, and intuition is amazing. Often we are in different rooms, a thought comes into my head "where is Miss Jenni"..no communication only ESP. There behold there she is as if the unspoken work is revealed!
One often wonders if each of us is being the observer or being observed. How fortunate to share our stories of our beloved companions. We'll be watching this space soon. Thank you and many purr to Sammy for a lovely story. V and J.

Nina Munteanu said...

Thanks, Catmum. Those were wise and thoughtful words... I will tell Sammy. He will be happy to hear. Purrs back!