Sunday, July 8, 2007

I'm a Schmoozer! The Schmoozing Award



Zephyr1 over at Climate of our Future, must think I schmooze a lot, because she's just honored me with this cool award. Thanks, Deborah and Francis!

According to Maurica author of Maurica wishing on a falling star, schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.”


"Good schmoozers", says Deborah, "effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."



So, now it's my turn to bestow this award on 5 other schmoozers who I think you will find are just as kind and considerate:

You are all super schmoozers. You make the blogosphere a place of friendship and community.

6 comments:

SQT said...

Aw shucks. Thanks!

WalksFarWoman said...

sfgirl - I've just picked myself off the floor! I was just about to comment 'Well done sfgirl, you really deserve it....' when I saw - well you know the rest! :)

I will say WELL DONE! to you for your blog has the lovely ability to reach people who perhaps like me know little on a given topic but are learning, you make that an easy path for us. Thank you.

You know I'm going to be big-headed until at least lunchtime. x

Unknown said...

SFGirl: Thank you! I've always tried to be a schmoozer, but you're the first one to think I was any good at it. Perhaps I misinterpret people. But generally, I feel like the old REM song, at least as I recall it: "Oh no, I've said too much. I haven't said enough." (Just as I'm always "losing my religion.")
You're the one who's good at reaching out. You know what I especially appreciated? When you let me know about that wonderful story you posted, "Julia Gift."
Much as I try to read the blogs I enjoy and admire, worldly demands intrude. So thanks, and I'll make sure to spend more time with The Alien Next Door. She's really fascinating.

Libdrone said...

I concur. You are a great schmoozer!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for that super schmoozer award, Nina!

Nina Munteanu said...

Hey! You're all welcome! And welcome back, Jean-Luc!!!